National lockdown guidance
Further to Boris Johnson’s announcement yesterday and the high level of cases in North West London, it’s absolutely vital that everyone follows the new national lockdown guidance.
The key message is to stay at home, the single most important action we can all take to protect the NHS and save lives.
Below is a summary of the guidance, you must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm - including domestic abuse
- attend education or childcare - for those eligible
- The NHS continues to be open and so if you have a health concern it’s important you continue to access our services, you can speak to your GP in the first instance.
You cannot leave your home to meet socially with anyone you do not live with or are not in a support bubble with (if you are legally permitted to form one). You may exercise on your own, with one other person, or with your household or support bubble.
For more information visit - www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home#summary-what-you-can-and-cannot-do-during-the-national-lockdown