Key messages for North Kensington
Below are the key messages for local residents following the change in national guidance.
The national lockdown means only going out for:
- Work if you cannot work from home
- For food, essentials and medical reasons or appointments (including the flu jab)
- Providing care for vulnerable people
The NHS is open
- NHS continues to be open for all health concerns. People should continue to call their GP now if they need to.
- Our message to residents is if you have been called for an appointment, it is because you need it. Please make sure you attend if you are asked to do so – it is much safer to attend hospital than not to come in due to misplaced fears.
- If you have symptoms go home, self-isolate and book a test.
- There is a testing centre at Malton Road which is open seven days a week from 8am to 8pm. Kensington Olympia also has a test centre open up to four days a week between 10.30am and 3.30pm.
- Residents must book an appointment at www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or call 119.
Mental health and support
We know this is going to be a difficult time for people particularly in the darker days of winter, there is a range of mental health and wellbeing support available.
- Looking after yourself & your family
- Grenfell Health and Wellbeing service – 020 8637 6279 (8am to 8pm), our of hours call 0800 0234 650, self-referral form
- Community living well - call 020 3317 4200, self-referral form
- Samaritans – call 116 123, 24 hours a day
- Urgent mental health support any time of the day call 020 8637 6279