The NHS is offering enhanced health checks for residents who may be concerned about their health. These are aimed at finding the early signs of health problems or underlying health conditions, for example, lung conditions often seen in smokers.
For adults, enhanced health checks include:
- Monitoring for long term conditions such as diabetes and advice on the steps you need to take to manage these conditions effectively.
- Physical health checks (looking at weight gain, blood pressure and cholesterol).
- Health advice around stopping smoking, alcohol intake and substance misuse.
- Addressing concerns around breathing difficulties.
- On-going mental health screening that will include screening for anxiety, depression and more severe illnesses.
Enhanced health checks are being carried out at the following GP practices in the North Kensington area:
- Barlby Surgery (AT Medics)
- Beacon Medical Centre
- Colville Health Centre (Blake, Mok, Chung & Parminder)
- Exmoor Surgery
- Foreland Medical Centre
- Golborne Medical Centre, (Mohi & Razak)
- Golborne Medical Centre, (Ramasamy)
- North Kensington Medical Centre
- Notting Hill Medical Centre
- Portland Road Practice
- Portobello Medical Centre
- St Quintin Health Centre
Alternatively you can contact our contact community provider Enhance on 020 3434 2500.
For children, enhanced health checks include:
- Checking concerns around breathing.
- Emotional health screening.
- Weight monitoring and links to local weight services.
- Dental hygiene.
- Focus on physical activity and exercise programmes within the community.
For further information about enhanced health checks for children, speak with your GP.