Enhanced Health Checks
The NHS is offering Enhanced Health Checks for residents to review their health. These are aimed at finding the early signs of health problems or any underlying health conditions.
**Due to Covid -19 Spirometry testing is not being provided at present. Patients will be brought back to the surgery for Spirometry at the later date, when it is safe to do so or referred on to a specialist.**
- Respiratory examination
- Spirometry (lung function testing)
- Oxygen saturation
- Physical examination of chest
- Smoking cessation intervention
A spirometry assessment is a lung function test and is used to diagnose and monitor certain lung conditions. Conditions that can be picked up and monitored include asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Any concerns identified from this initial assessment will result in a fast track referral to a specialist Respiratory Service.
- Anxiety screening
- Depression screening
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) screening
- Insomnia/sleep review
- Alcohol use screening
- Substance misuse Any concerns identified from this initial assessment will result in an onward referral to specialist mental health and therapeutic services.
Lifestyle & health promotion
- Body mass index
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Physical activity reviews with onward referral to gyms, personal trainer, etc.
- Dietary review with onward referral to various weight loss management programmes.
- Health advice around dental and eye care - Bloods tests - to assess conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, thyroid function test and renal function if indicated.
Enhanced Health Checks for children include:
- Checking concerns around breathing.
- Emotional health screening.
- Weight monitoring and links to local weight management services.
- Focus on physical activity and exercise programmes within the community.
Making an appointment
Call your GP practice to make an appointment. If your practice isn't listed below your GP surgery will be able to offer you an appointment at an alternative practice in the area, speak to your practice reception.
Practices offering Enhanced Health Checks
The service is provided by the majority of the North Kensington GPs at the following practices:
- Barlby Surgery (AT Medics)
- Beacon Medical Centre
- Colville Health Centre (Drs. Blake, Mok, Chung & Parminder)
- Exmoor Surgery, The
- Foreland Medical Centre
- Golborne Medical Centre, The (Drs. Mohi & Razak)
- Golborne Health Centre, The (Dr. Ramasamy)
- North Kensington Medical Centre
- Portland Road Practice
- Notting Hill Medical Centre
Our Enhanced Health Check Flyer is also available here.